Missing California woman was actually just competing on 'The Bachelor'

Rebekah Martinez was reported as missing in Humboldt County on Nov. 18 2017. After she was found on the reality series

She then began posting again on November 22, some 10 days after her mother said she hadn't heard from her and four days after she was officially reported missing.

It wasn't until the North Coast Journal included the 22-year-old beauty in a cover story featuring images of 35 other missing people in the area that someone put the puzzle together.

When looking into Humboldt County's missing persons list, North Coast Journal posted to Facebook asking if their readers recognized any of those reported missing. The mother claimed Bekah was allegedly planning to work at a marijuana farm nearby.

The mother heard from Ms. Martinez late in the afternoon on the same day she filed the missing person report, the sheriff's office said.

Of course, any Bachelor nation fan knows that November was during the time period when Arie Luyendyk Jr.'s season was filming.

As explained in a North Coast Journal follow-up article, the 22-year-old Martinez posted September 17 on social media that she'd be "giving up" her phone and social media for several weeks. "Her mother hadn't heard from her since November 12, 2017", Public Information Officer Samantha Karges wrote. The deputy said that they had spoken with Bekah M. on the phone and confirmed that she is, in fact, alive and well.

So, Martinez's information stayed in the Missing and Unidentified Persons System. How many times do I have to tell you I don't get cell service on The Bachelor??'

Doing what cops do when you don't call your mother for a week, Bekah was added to California's Humboldt County missing persons database.

Local police attempted to contact Martinez and her close friends, but never received any response. After finally returning the deputy's phone calls on Thursday, the Humboldt County Sheriff's Office confirmed they had taken her off their list - but she's now still listed as a missing person on the state's website.

She also took the time to mock her driver's license photo.

Despite the confusion, this case could have been closed if authorities had kept an eye on her social media.

The Bachelor airs Mondays at 8 p.m. EST on ABC.

Related News:



Most liked

CFPB 'Here to Stay' After DC Appeals Court Ruling
The agency had been headed by Richard Cordray, who stepped down late a year ago and is now running as a Democrat for OH governor. A district court judge denied granting English a temporary restraining order in December against Mulvaney, and she appealed.

Official trailer released for upcoming Marvel movie

Devin Nunes Slams FBI's 'Spurious' Objection to Memo's Release
Trump was overheard Tuesday night telling a Republican lawmaker he is " 100 percent " in favor of releasing the memo. The memo has been sent to the White House and is now in a secure facility operated by the National Security Council.

Airline executives praise Trump administration's agreement with Qatar over subsidies
The "Open Skies" flight agreement, which liberalises commercial and cargo air travel, remains intact between the two countries. The two UAE airlines — Dubai-based Emirates and Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways — aren't a party to the U.S. -Qatar agreement.