Scattered showers and storms this weekend

Lancaster County temperatures cool for weekend and all next week

On Monday night, there is a chance of showers, mainly before 8 p.m.

Saturday. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Calm wind becoming south around 5 miles per hour in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. East wind 8 to 11 miles per hour. There is a 40% chance for showers and thunderstorms late tonight. Fans and golfers will have to dodge a few showers and storms tomorrow afternoon and Sunday, but they should get the rounds in. Winds: E 5-10 miles per hour.

Rain totals averaging 3 to 6 inches are expected between now and next Wednesday morning, with locally higher amounts very possible. Rain chances increase this weekend and could last through Tuesday. Wind: N 10-15 miles per hour. Partly sunny, with a high near 67. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52.

Tuesday and Wednesday bring a good chance of rain and storms, but timing the individual "waves" of rain and storms is a big premature at this point. Just be ready for an occasional shower or thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. Chance of precipitation is 60%. A shortwave of energy is going to brings showers and a few light thunderstorms over the mountains starting in the afternoon and lasting through the evening. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. Look for the threat for showers or thunderstorms to stick around into Saturday night.

Severe weather is possible across most of northwest, western and central Oklahoma Thursday afternoon, the National Weather Service reports.

Thursday - A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 82. Some areas could be hit with multiple bands of showers throughout the night causing flooding.

Related News:

  • Newly-freed Chelsea Manning says putting past behind her

    Newly-freed Chelsea Manning says putting past behind her

    Last week, Manning tweeted her excitement about her impending release: "Freedom was only a dream, and hard to imagine". Manning's support network has raised about $138,000 in crowdsourced donations to help her transition to the outside.
    More rain means more worry in flooded parts of Midwest

    More rain means more worry in flooded parts of Midwest

    This illustrates why large areas of southern Missouri , Illinois , and Arkansas have experienced such significant flooding. Rivers in Louisiana are pouring over their banks after parts of the state were inundated with up to 8 inches of rain.

    Destiny 2 Gameplay Premiere: Watch it again here, see the campaign mode

    There is no telling how long the early access will be, and we are assuming it to last less than a couple of weeks at the most. Shaw also promised "new tech" to address the problem but "at the moment, it's not specifically geared toward PC".
  • Hugh Jackman Didn't Think Real Wolverines Existed?

    Hugh Jackman Didn't Think Real Wolverines Existed?

    I think there's a part for all of us that feels like Logan , as played by Hugh , is the definitive performance of that character. The actor recently wrapped up his tenure as Wolverine following the movie " Logan " which will be available on DVD May 23.
    Preds Rally Past Ducks 2-1, Reclaim Series Lead

    Preds Rally Past Ducks 2-1, Reclaim Series Lead

    How it happened: In the franchise's first home game in the conference finals, Nashville nearly played second fiddle to Gibson. Mattias Ekholm's initial shot deflected off Viktor Arvidsson in front of the Anaheim net, and Josi knocked home the rebound.

    Tool can decrypt some files in WannaCry ransomware attack

    Blake Farenthold, R-Texas; and Senators Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii; Ron Johnson, R-Wis.; and Cory Gardner, R-Colo. The result: "Users unlikely to get files restored", the company's Security Response team tweeted.
  • Norris struggles, Tigers fall to red hot Rangers

    Norris struggles, Tigers fall to red hot Rangers

    In San Diego, Arizona's Jake Lamb had two home runs and five RBIs as the Diamondbacks coasted after an eight-run first inning. Jose Bautista had given Toronto a 5-4 lead with a three-run homer off winning pitcher Mychal Givens (5-0) in the seventh.

    White House Lawyers Research Impeachment Procedures

    A date of this open hearing would be scheduled after the Memorial Day, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence said yesterday. It's hard to believe this happened because Donald Trump is under investigation for possibly colluding with Russian Federation.

    Trump Told Russians He Fired 'Nut Job' Comey Because Of Investigation

    Trump aides said he never tried to squelch the Flynn investigation nor made inappropriate disclosures to the Russians. During a commencement address Wednesday at the Coast Guard Academy, he complained bitterly about criticism he's faced.
  • Russian Federation investigation can explore possible White House cover-up; Comey will testify

    He was abruptly dismissed last Tuesday by the Republican president, who said the issue was Comey's inability to lead. The revelation undercuts President Donald Trump's insistence that his campaign had nothing to do with the Kremlin.
    White House knew sacked adviser was under investigation

    White House knew sacked adviser was under investigation

    That call, and Flynn's changing story about it, ultimately led to his firing as Trump's first national security adviser. Flynn's disclosure, on January 4, was first made to the transition team's chief lawyer, Donald F.

    Antonio Conte Hails 'Great Man' John Terry's Positive Influence

    But according to Gary Neville, Jose Mourinho has enjoyed an even better Chelsea team than the one now being overseen by Conte. Chelsea captain John Terry "should absolutely not retire" from professional football, according to Antonio Conte .


Most liked

Braves acquire first baseman Matt Adams from Cardinals
When it was announced that Carpenter would be moving to first base full-time to begin the 2017 season, Adams' future in St. If the Braves choose to keep Adams around through next season, then he could be a valuable bench piece.

Wenger: Arsenal win not a personal triumph against Mourinho
At the Emirates, Mourinho gave a Premier League debut to Axel Tuanzebe, saying he was delighted by the 19-year-old's performance. All round a good win against a Manchester United side who clearly have one eye on the Europa League .

Trusts were told about security patch last month — NHS cyberattack
The Administration noted that this global attack shows again the unprecedented challenges ahead in terms of Internet security. NHS England said that, as of 3pm on Monday, two hospitals remained on divert following the attack, down from seven on Sunday.

President Trump and Saudi King Salman meet in Riyadh
Billboards featuring images of Trump and the king dotted the highways of Riyadh , emblazoned with the motto "Together we prevail". The two were overheard discussing natural resources and arms, and Salman bemoaned the destruction caused by Syria's civil war.